Fear is something that cripples the mind and body. It acts like a barracade that prevents forward momentum in one’s life. I am sure we all have fears about different things in our life. How much fear and how much it affects our life can differ from person to person.
I am sure you have heard the saying “face your fears” many times and although it sounds great, it can be hard to process and act out.
Fear in most cases is mind-generated. This means that we create and enlarge the fear so much that it stops us in our tracks and limits us from achieving our goals and being truly happy and free.
Try these steps:
- Make a list of all your fears.
- Beside each fear, write down *WHY you are afraid and *WHEN you started being afraid and *HOW it affects your life.
- Are you ready to make a change and let go of fear? How will this feel?
- List Benefits to change.
- Ask for God’s help.
FEAR #1: I am afraid of dying.
2.WHY: Because I have not lived my life fully. I don’t believe there is a heaven. It is scary.
WHEN: This fear began after the death of my grandparent whom I loved very much. She was too young to go.
HOW: This plays out in my life each day. I have thoughts about it whenever I have an ache or pain in my body. I avoid doing things that are “risky” so I stay home where I am safe.
3. Yes I am ready to make a change. This will be scary for me and may bring on anxiety.
4. Benefits of Change: Clearer head. I will do more activities. Live a free life. (focus on these benefits often)
5.Ask for God’s Help: This may take weekly prayers and surrendering your fears and asking for guidance.
The process of letting your fears go will take time but I can help you get there.
Cheers to a fearless life!
Reach out for Help. Much love.
Dr. Jen Cisternino, Naturopath, Blogger, Intuitive, Soon to be author!